Terminal Catalunya, S.A.U. from now BEST, informs users of the website of its property, Best.com.es, about its personal data protection policy, so that users freely and voluntarily determine, if they wish to facilitate BEST the personal data that may be required or that may be obtained on the occasion of subscription or registration in some of the services offered by BEST. BEST reserves the right to modify this policy, to adapt it to legislative or jurisprudential developments, as well as to industry practices. In these cases, BEST will announce on this website the changes introduced with reasonable anticipation of its implementation.Any modification that will imply an impact on the rights or duties of the people whose personal data can be processed, will be duly informed.
In this portal, you can call to collect personal data from the various communication channels established for it, in any case, then we will provide detailed information about the different treatments that can be carried out.
For what purpose will we treat your personal data?
- Respond to suggestions made through the form provided for this purpose on the website
- Contact in response to the communications received, to the contact emails, which are provided on the portal for this purpose.
- Enable access and management of the client area.
- Enable the sending to customers, electronically, of communications that we understand of your interest about BEST and its activities.
- Enable access and management of the supplier’s area. Facilitate the delivery of necessary information and / or documentation, for the maintenance of the relationship with the suppliers. As well as to enable the access of its employees to the BEST facilities.
- Manage the reception of job applications sent through the email provided for this purpose in the “Work with us” area.
What is the legitimacy for the processing of your data?
- In the case of the treatment derived from the management of the area of clients or suppliers, the legitimizing basis for a possible processing of personal data would be, essentially, that it is essential for the provision or reception of the requested services: Execution of a contract.
- In the case of the aforementioned area of clients or suppliers, in addition, it may be necessary to treat certain information, especially of its employees, for the fulfillment of a legal obligation or a legitimate interest of BEST and / or the group to which it belongs (internal administrative purposes, audits, statistics, prevention of occupational hazards or safety of facilities).
- In the case that you provide us with information about your staff, you must have previously informed the staff of the communication of data that may take place in the context of the business relationship with BEST, as well as the possible communication of the same, to the Port Authorities or the Forces and security bodies according to ISPS regulations.
- For the realization of commercial communications. BEST legitimate interest.
- For the communication of data between group companies, the contractual execution, for the provision of requested services.
- To respond adequately to a request for information, a suggestion made by you, or to send a job demand. Consent.
How long will we keep your data?
In general, the data provided will be kept, during the legally established deadlines for this, in the case of information related to the provision of services. During the necessary period to respond and carry out the corresponding internal follow-up of the suggestion or observation communicated. In the case that you send us a curriculum, it could be maintained for a period of one year, unless you told us otherwise.
To which recipients will your data be communicated?
In the case of information provided in the field of the contractual relationship with BEST through the area of customers or suppliers, it may be shared with third parties, in case it is essential for the execution of the contract (port services). Or that a regulation imposed the said communication (security forces and bodies, port authorities, tax administration or other authorities or public administrations).
Likewise, the data provided could be communicated to other companies of the Hutchison group, for internal administrative purposes, some of which could be located outside the scope of the EU (Hong Kong), in any case, the referred International Data Transfer is performed with adequate guarantees (Existence of standard clauses).
What are your rights when you provide us with your data?
As long as BEST try your personal data, you have the right to request:
Access.- The interested party will have the right to obtain confirmation from the person responsible for the treatment of whether or not the data concerning them is being treated, as well as detailed information about certain aspects of the treatment being carried out.
Rectification.- The interested party will have the right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data that concerns him or that those that were incomplete are completed.
Deletion.- The interested party will have the right to request the deletion of their personal data, in any case the deletion will be subject to the limits established in the regulatory standard.
Limitation of your treatment.- The interested party will have the right to request the limitation regarding the processing of their personal data.
Opposition to the treatment.- In certain circumstances and for reasons related to their particular situation, the interested parties may object to the processing of their data. BEST will stop processing the data, except for legitimate, compelling reasons, or the exercise or defense of possible claims.
In particular, you may oppose the sending of commercial communications that may be sent to you by BEST.
Right to the portability of your data.- In other words, you will have the right to receive the personal data that concerns you, that you have provided to a person in charge of the treatment, in a structured format, of common use and mechanical reading and to transmit them to another person in charge of the treatment.
The aforementioned rights may be exercised by written and signed request addressed to BEST. Port of Barcelona, Avda Estany del Port nº 91, 08820 El Prat de Llobregat (Barcelona) or through the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens if I do not provide the requested data?
The identification data belonging to the client / user, those referring to their business / professional activity, as well as other contact data and any others that may be required by the applicable regulations, it is mandatory to declare them and the refusal to supply them could imply the inability to access service. The remaining data requested are voluntary, so failure to provide them will not prevent the establishment of the contractual relationship.
Guardianship of control authorities.
In case you think it appropriate, you may require the protection of the Spanish Agency for Data Protection by submitting the corresponding claim. www.agpd.es C / Jorge Juan nº 6 28001 Madrid.
BEST has adopted the security levels of protection of the legally required personal data, and has installed all the technical means and measures at its disposal to avoid the loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorized access and theft of the personal data provided to BEST. However, the user must be aware that Internet security measures are not impregnable.